By Xuxian Jiang, Yajin Zhou (auth.)
Mobile units, resembling clever telephones, have accomplished computing and networking services similar to conventional own pcs. Their profitable consumerization has additionally turn into a resource of discomfort for adopting clients and firms. particularly, the frequent presence of information-stealing functions and different forms of cellular malware increases enormous safeguard and privateness issues.
Android Malware provides a scientific view on cutting-edge cellular malware that ambitions the preferred Android cellular platform. overlaying key issues just like the Android malware historical past, malware habit and class, in addition to, attainable safety techniques.
Read Online or Download Android Malware PDF
Best network security books
* Explains precisely what steganography is-hiding a message inside of an harmless photograph or tune file-and the way it has turn into a favored instrument for secretly sending and receiving messages for either the great men and the undesirable men * First publication to explain foreign terrorists' cybersecurity software of selection in an obtainable language * writer is a best safety advisor for the CIA and offers gripping tales that exhibit how steganography works * Appendix presents instruments to aid humans realize and counteract stenanography
The final word resource for threat administration informationBefore getting into any funding, the chance of that enterprise needs to be pointed out and quantified. The guide of probability presents in-depth insurance of probability from each attainable attitude and illuminates the topic by means of protecting the quantitative and and behavioral matters confronted by means of funding pros on a daily foundation.
Defense practitioners has to be capable of construct low in cost safeguard courses whereas additionally complying with govt laws. details safety Governance Simplified: From the Boardroom to the Keyboard lays out those rules simply and explains easy methods to use regulate frameworks to construct an air-tight info safeguard (IS) software and governance constitution.
ONE-VOLUME advent TO laptop protection in actual fact explains middle options, terminology, demanding situations, applied sciences, and talents Covers today’s most recent assaults and countermeasures definitely the right beginner’s consultant for somebody attracted to a working laptop or computer protection occupation Chuck Easttom brings jointly entire insurance of all simple techniques, terminology, and matters, besides the entire abilities you want to start.
- Practical Information Security Management: A Complete Guide to Planning and Implementation
- CCSP CSI Exam Certification Guide
- Foundations and Practice of Security: 7th International Symposium, FPS 2014, Montreal, QC, Canada, November 3-5, 2014. Revised Selected Papers
- Network Intrusion Detection
- Check Point NG VPN-1 FireWall-1 Advanced Configuration and Troubleshooting
Extra resources for Android Malware
IOS, Android and Symbian, analyzes their incentives, and discusses possible defenses. DroidRanger  and RiskRanker  detect malicious apps in existing official and alternative Android markets. DroidMOSS  uses fuzzy hashing to detect repackaged apps in third-party Android marketplaces. DroidScope  reconstructs the semantic views of the OS and Dalvik for dynamic Android malware analysis. Chapter 6 Summary In this book, we present an overview of existing Android malware and further systematically characterize their behavior from different perspectives.
1 Malware I: Plankton We discovered the Plankton spyware in early June, 2011. Different from other Android malware,the Plankton spyware does not directly embed its malicious payload in itself. Instead it downloads the payload from a remote server at runtime and then leverages the dynamic loading capability of Dalvik Virtual Machine (or DVM) to dynamically load the payload for execution. Plankton is considered the first Android malware in the wild that exploits such dynamic class loading capability to stay stealthy (and dynamically extend its own functionality).
Com/ 32. TrendMicro. com/ 33. USENIX Security Symposium. org/conferences/byname/108 34. Using QR tags to Attack SmartPhones (Attaging). html 35. WAPS. cn/ 36. Yummy Yummy, GingerBreak! html 37. ZeuS-in-the-Mobile - Facts and Theories. com/en/analysis/ 204792194/ZeuS_in_the_Mobile_Facts_and_Theories 38. Zimperlich sources. html 39. Smartphone Shipments Tripled Since ’08. Dumb Phones Are Flat. http://tech. com/2011/11/01/smartphone-shipments-tripled-since-08-dumb-phones-are-flat, 2011. 40. J. Andrus, C.