By Greg Bastien, Christian Degu
Prepare for the recent CCSP SECUR 642-501 examination with the single Cisco approved SECUR practise consultant available
- The in basic terms SECUR advisor built together with Cisco, offering the main actual and up to date topical coverage
- Electronic checking out engine on CD-ROM offers versatile overview positive aspects and suggestions on components for additional study
- Modular writing type and different positive aspects from the examination Certification consultant sequence supply applicants with improved studying and subject retention
This identify is basically meant for networking pros pursuing the CCSP certification and getting ready for the SECUR 642-501 examination, one in every of 5 CCSP part tests. The fabrics, even though, entice a fair broader variety of networking pros looking a greater realizing of the guidelines, innovations, and methods of community protection. The examination and direction, Securing Cisco IOS Networks (SECUR), conceal a large variety of networking safeguard subject matters, delivering an summary of the serious parts of community safeguard. the opposite part tests of CCSP then specialize in particular components inside that assessment, like portraits and VPNs, in even higher detail.
CCSP SECUR examination Certification Guide (CCSP Self-Study) combines innovative insurance of protection techniques with all of the confirmed studying and examination practise positive factors of the examination Certification consultant sequence from Cisco Press, together with the CD-ROM checking out engine with greater than 2 hundred questions, pre- and post-chapter quizzes and a modular ebook and CD association that breaks thoughts down into smaller, easy-to-absorb blocks of knowledge.
Specific assurance comprises safeguard regulations, safeguard danger assessment, AAA (authentication, authorization, and accounting), NAS with AAA, Cisco safe ACS, IOS firewall gains, encryption applied sciences, IPSec, snap shots Firewall configuration, and integration with VPN strategies from Cisco safe coverage Manager.
Read or Download CCSP SECUR exam certification guide : CCSP self-study PDF
Similar network security books
* Explains precisely what steganography is-hiding a message within an harmless photograph or song file-and the way it has turn into a well-liked software for secretly sending and receiving messages for either the great men and the undesirable men * First e-book to explain overseas terrorists' cybersecurity instrument of selection in an obtainable language * writer is a most sensible safeguard advisor for the CIA and gives gripping tales that express how steganography works * Appendix offers instruments to assist humans realize and counteract stenanography
The last word resource for threat administration informationBefore stepping into any funding, the danger of that enterprise needs to be pointed out and quantified. The instruction manual of threat presents in-depth insurance of possibility from each attainable perspective and illuminates the topic via protecting the quantitative and and behavioral concerns confronted via funding pros on a daily foundation.
Safeguard practitioners needs to be in a position to construct comparatively cheap safety courses whereas additionally complying with executive laws. details safety Governance Simplified: From the Boardroom to the Keyboard lays out those rules simply and explains easy methods to use keep an eye on frameworks to construct an air-tight details safety (IS) software and governance constitution.
ONE-VOLUME advent TO computing device safety truly explains center recommendations, terminology, demanding situations, applied sciences, and talents Covers today’s most up-to-date assaults and countermeasures the appropriate beginner’s consultant for an individual attracted to a working laptop or computer protection occupation Chuck Easttom brings jointly entire assurance of all simple innovations, terminology, and matters, in addition to all of the abilities you want to start.
- Primer on Client-Side Web Security
- Security+ Study Guide
- 802.1X Port-Based Authentication
- Insider Threats in Cyber Security
- Trustworthy Computing and Services: International Conference, ISCTCS 2013, Beijing, China, November 2013, Revised Selected Papers
- Techno Security's Guide to Securing SCADA. A Comprehensive Handbook On Protecting The Critical Infrastructure
Additional info for CCSP SECUR exam certification guide : CCSP self-study
25 Your new engineer, who has very little experience working in your corporate environment, has added a new VPN concentrator onto the network. You have been too busy with another project to oversee the installation. What weakness do you need to be aware of concerning his implementation of this device? a. Lack of effective policy b. Technology weakness c. Lack of user knowledge d. Operating system weakness e. Configuration weakness Statistically, what is the most likely launch site for an attack against your network?
It is also important that users don’t create a password that is too complex to remember. In such a scenario, the user will tend to write down the password, defeating the purpose for the password in the first place. One common method for creating and remembering passwords is the “vanity plate” method: Think of a word or phrase and convert it into the characters used on a vanity license plate, then change the case of a letter or two, and substitute one or more numbers for letters. Here is an example: In Virginia, for instance, a Honda owner is apparently not fond of mayonnaise.
This access does not come without certain risks. This chapter defines some of the risks to networks and explains how an ineffective security policy can further increase the chance of a network security breach. Vulnerabilities To understand cyberattacks you must remember that computers, no matter how advanced, are still just machines that operate based on predetermined instruction sets. The operating systems and other software packages are just compiled instruction sets that the computer uses to transform input into output.