By Galumalemana Afeleti Hunkin
Gagana Samoa is a contemporary Samoan language source. Designed for either lecture room and private use, it encompasses a methodical strategy appropriate for every age; an emphasis on styles of speech and conversation via perform and examples; 10 functional dialogues overlaying daily social events; an creation to the broader tradition of fa‘asamoa via pictures; greater than a hundred and fifty routines to enhance comprehension; a word list of all Samoan phrases utilized in the coursebook; oral talents supplemented with audio records on hand on a separate CD or for obtain or streaming on the internet:
Read Online or Download Gagana Samoa: A Samoan Language Coursebook PDF
Best instruction books
Glossy Brazilian Portuguese Grammar: a pragmatic advisor is an leading edge reference consultant to Brazilian Portuguese, combining conventional and function-based grammar in one quantity. The Grammar is split into components. half A covers conventional grammatical different types resembling contract, nouns, verbs and adjectives.
The essays during this quantity, writen through Germanists from Britain, eire, the united states and Australia, illustrate the big power which corpus-based paintings has for German stories as an entire and the wealthy variety of labor at present being undertaken. an in depth advent explains uncomplicated thoughts, tools, and purposes of corpus-based paintings.
Designed for introductory classes in outdated English, Word-Hoard bargains a vocabulary of a few 2000 phrases drawn from the poems that starting scholars ordinarily learn. Exploiting the common interest we believe approximately our personal language, Stephen Barney attracts etymological connections, presents mnemonic aids, and introduces the scholar to cultural and literary thoughts in addition to phrases.
- Norwegian Verbs And Essentials of Grammar
- The Oceanic Languages
- Social and Cultural Aspects of Language Learning in Study Abroad
- Modality and the Biblical Hebrew Infinitive Absolute
- Translating the Elusive: Marked Word Order and Subjectivity in English-German Translation
- The Uralic Languages
Extra resources for Gagana Samoa: A Samoan Language Coursebook
It is in the bag. 3. It is in the room. 4. The tree is in front of the house. 5. Peter is behind the bus. EXERCISE 34 Translate the following into English 1. ‘O ai lā e i totonu o le fale? 2. ‘O Ioane lā e i luma o le ta‘avale. 3. ‘O le peni lā e i fafo o le ipu. 4. ‘O Mele ma Sina lā e i lalo o le lā‘au. 5. ‘O le tupe lā e i totonu o le ‘ato. 6. ‘O le ta‘avale lā e i totonu o le faleta‘avale. 7. Tu‘u le ‘ato lenā i totonu o le potu. 8. ‘O le falaoa lā e i luga o le laulau. 9. ‘O le tama lā e i le ā‘oga.
7. Throw the pencil on the table. 8. Cut the bread on the table. 9. Put the money under the envelope. 10. Bring the bread to Ioane. i luga o le 36 Gagana Sāmoa EXERCISE 32 Translate into Samoan / Fa‘aliliu i le gagana Sāmoa 1. Please put the book inside the bag. 2. Siaosi, throw the ball under the house. 3. Bring the chair to Toma. 4. Take the money to the headmaster. 5. Ioane, cut the bread on the table. 6. Put the pen on the table. 7. Sina, bring the hat to Ioane, please. 8. Stay at home. 9. Run to Lagi.
Leai fa‘afetai. — No thank you. The word for not in Samoan is lē. In the phrase E lē, the word E is a tense marker that shows present tense or implied future. The two words used together form a commonly used structure for the negative: It’s not. for example: E lē ‘o se fale. — It is not a house. You have learnt earlier that: se is the indefinite article singular ni is the indefinite article plural Now study these structures. 1. ‘O se ta‘avale? ‘Ioe, ‘o le ta‘avale. Leai, e lē ‘o se ta‘avale. — Is it a car?