By Qi Huang, Shi Jing, Jianbo Yi, Wei Zhen
Specializes in sensor functions and clever meters within the newly constructing interconnected shrewdpermanent grid
• specializes in sensor purposes and clever meters within the newly constructing interconnected shrewdpermanent grid
• offers the main up-to-date technological advancements within the size and trying out of strength platforms in the clever grid environment
• displays the modernization of electrical software energy structures with the large use of desktop, sensor, and knowledge communications applied sciences, supplying advantages to power shoppers and application businesses alike
• The prime writer heads a gaggle of researchers concentrating on the development of shrewdpermanent grid and shrewdpermanent substation for Sichuan energy Grid, one of many greatest in China’s strength method
Read Online or Download Innovative Testing and Measurement Solutions for Smart Grid PDF
Best electric books
Whole assurance of the most recent Advances within the box power specialists are expecting that wholesale electrical energy costs might simply upward push 35 to sixty five percentage via 2015. upload to this the turning out to be want for strength independence and the necessity to lessen carbon emissions and it's very transparent that the advance of inexpensive renewable strength, corresponding to solar power, is vital for our economic climate and our nationwide protection.
This booklet identifies vulnerabilities within the actual layer, the MAC layer, the IP layer, the shipping layer, and the applying layer, of instant networks, and discusses how you can develop safeguard mechanisms and prone. themes coated comprise intrusion detection, safe PHY/MAC/routing protocols, assaults and prevention, immunization, key administration, safe crew communications and multicast, safe position providers, tracking and surveillance, anonymity, privateness, belief establishment/management, redundancy and protection, and loyal instant networking.
- Electric Field Applications: In Chromatography, Industrial and Chemical Processes
- Understanding FACTS: Concepts and Technology of Flexible AC Transmission Systems
- Newnes Electronics Assembly Pocket Book
- Electrician''s Guide to Control and Monitoring Systems: Installation, Troubleshooting, and Maintenance
- Power Distribution Network Design for VLSI
Extra info for Innovative Testing and Measurement Solutions for Smart Grid
The data collected from the remote monitoring terminals can be visualized in a client software with the aid of the GIS (Geographical Information System) to help the operating crew to locate the fault position promptly. The monitoring terminal is a small device integrated on a PCB (printed circuit board) board. The whole system is composed of a microprocessor (CPU) and its peripheral devices (sensor module, DAQ module, storage module, communication module, signal pre-conditioning module, and power supply).
The accuracy factor becomes even more important for long transmission lines because even a relatively small error would result in an uncertainty of a few kilometers, causing significant delay for the maintenance crew to find the fault location . , mountain area, such as Liangshan of China), the installed system may cause an error of 3 km in 500 kV transmission lines. The maintenance crew may have to walk 6 km in a mountain area to determine the exact location of the fault point. For nonpermanent faults such as flashover caused by sag of stressed lines, considering their temporary nature, it may take even more effort to locate the fault point with such systems because the fault is not permanent and the system may have already resumed its normal condition by the time the maintenance crew arrive.
A novel approach for fault location of overhead transmission line with noncontact magnetic-field measurement, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, July 2012). New Types of Sensors for Smart Grid 35 much larger than the normal current, the magnetic field caused by current flowing in the unfaulted phase can be neglected. 17 for the meaning of the parameters): ⎧ By sin???? ⎪ Bx ≈ cos???? = tg????, ⎪ ⎨By ≈ 0, ⎪ By −sin???? ⎪ B ≈ cos???? = −tg????, ⎩ x fault at phase A fault at phase B . 24 displays the calculated output of the sensor along different directions.