By Jie Wang, Zachary A. Kissel
Introductory textbook within the vital sector of community safeguard for undergraduate and graduate students
- Comprehensively covers primary innovations with more recent issues resembling digital funds, bit-coin, P2P, SHA-3, E-voting, and Zigbee security
- Fully up-to-date to mirror new advancements in community security
- Introduces a bankruptcy on Cloud safeguard, a truly well known and crucial topic
- Uses daily examples that the majority machine clients event to demonstrate vital rules and mechanisms
- Features a significant other web site with Powerpoint slides for lectures and resolution manuals to chose workout difficulties, to be had at http://www.cs.uml.edu/~wang/NetSec
Read Online or Download Introduction to Network Security: Theory and Practice PDF
Similar network security books
* Explains precisely what steganography is-hiding a message inside of an risk free photo or tune file-and the way it has turn into a favored device for secretly sending and receiving messages for either the great men and the undesirable men * First booklet to explain foreign terrorists' cybersecurity device of selection in an obtainable language * writer is a most sensible safeguard advisor for the CIA and gives gripping tales that express how steganography works * Appendix offers instruments to assist humans notice and counteract stenanography
The final word resource for hazard administration informationBefore getting into any funding, the danger of that enterprise has to be pointed out and quantified. The guide of probability offers in-depth insurance of possibility from each attainable perspective and illuminates the topic by way of masking the quantitative and and behavioral concerns confronted via funding execs on a day by day foundation.
Protection practitioners has to be in a position to construct affordable defense courses whereas additionally complying with executive laws. details protection Governance Simplified: From the Boardroom to the Keyboard lays out those rules in basic terms and explains how one can use keep an eye on frameworks to construct an air-tight info safeguard (IS) application and governance constitution.
ONE-VOLUME creation TO computing device protection essentially explains center techniques, terminology, demanding situations, applied sciences, and abilities Covers today’s most modern assaults and countermeasures the fitting beginner’s consultant for an individual drawn to a working laptop or computer safeguard occupation Chuck Easttom brings jointly whole assurance of all uncomplicated thoughts, terminology, and concerns, besides all of the abilities you want to start.
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Study Guide, Third Edition: Exam SY0-201 3E
- How to cheat at securing your network
- Nmap 6 Cookbook: The Fat Free Guide to Network Security Scanning
- Digital Watermarking and Steganography
- Information Security: Dictionary of Concepts, Standards and Terms
Extra info for Introduction to Network Security: Theory and Practice
Legend has it that ancient Greeks, wanting to apprehend a beauty named Helen, attacked the fortified city of Troy but failed. Faking a retreat, the Greeks left behind a huge, hollow wooden horse with a number of soldiers hidden inside. Not suspecting any danger, the Trojans hauled the wooden horse inside the city as a trophy. At night, the Greek army returned, and the soldiers hidden inside the wooden horse went out and opened the city gates for the invasion troops to come in. The city of Troy fell.
Games and network management tools available for free downloads from unknown Websites often are Trojans. exe) to trap users to use them. The same measures of combating viruses and worms can also be used to combat Trojans. Virus scans can also detect, quarantine, and delete Trojans. 3 Logic Bombs Logic bombs are subroutines or instructions embedded in a program. Their execution is triggered by conditional statements. For example, a company employee working on a development project may install a logic bomb inside a program.
He may argue that he has never sent or received the data in question. 6 Typical memory layout for a function call that uses a canary value Network Security Overview 19 Repudiation is straightforward if the data has not been authenticated. Even if the data has been authenticated, repudiation is still possible when the underlying authentication methods or the communication protocols contain loopholes. The owner of the authenticated data may be able to convince the judge that, because of the loopholes, anyone could have easily fabricated the message and made it look like it was produced by him.