By Dan Forsberg, Günther Horn, Wolf-Dietrich Moeller, Valtteri Niemi
A concise, up-to-date consultant to the 3GPP LTE defense Standardization specifications
A welcome Revised variation of the profitable LTE Security addressing the safety structure for SAE/LTE, that's according to parts of the protection architectures for GSM and 3G, yet which wanted an immense remodel end result of the considerably elevated complexity, and diverse architectural and company necessities of fourth iteration platforms. The authors clarify intimately the protection mechanisms hired to satisfy those specifications. The requisites generated via standardization our bodies in simple terms tell approximately easy methods to enforce the process (and this in simple terms to the level required for interoperability), yet nearly by no means tell readers approximately why issues are performed the best way they're. additionally, requirements are usually readable just for a small workforce of specialists and shortage the context of the wider photo. The e-book fills this hole through delivering first hand info from insiders who participated in decisively shaping SAE/LTE defense within the suitable standardization physique, 3GPP, and will as a result clarify the explanation for layout judgements during this area.
- A concise, absolutely up to date consultant to the 3GPP LTE defense Standardization specifications
- Describes the fundamental components of LTE and SAE defense, written by way of prime specialists who participated in decisively shaping SAE/LTE defense within the proper standardization physique, 3GPP
- Explains the reason at the back of the factors necessities giving readers a broader figuring out of the context to those specifications
- Includes new chapters protecting 3GPP paintings on process improvements for MTC, plus software layer safeguard in ETSI TC M2M and embedded shrewdpermanent card in ETSI SCP; safety for Machine-type verbal exchange, Relay Node defense, and destiny demanding situations, together with Voice over LTE, MTC, domestic base stations, LIPA/SIPTO, and New Cryptographic Algorithms
Essential analyzing for method engineers, builders and other people in technical revenues operating within the zone of LTE and LTE safeguard, communique engineers and software program builders in cellular verbal exchange field.
Read Online or Download LTE Security PDF
Best network security books
* Explains precisely what steganography is-hiding a message inside of an harmless photo or tune file-and the way it has turn into a favored software for secretly sending and receiving messages for either the nice men and the undesirable men * First e-book to explain overseas terrorists' cybersecurity software of selection in an obtainable language * writer is a most sensible protection advisor for the CIA and offers gripping tales that exhibit how steganography works * Appendix presents instruments to aid humans become aware of and counteract stenanography
The final word resource for probability administration informationBefore getting into any funding, the chance of that enterprise has to be pointed out and quantified. The instruction manual of possibility presents in-depth assurance of danger from each attainable attitude and illuminates the topic by means of masking the quantitative and and behavioral concerns confronted by way of funding execs on a day by day foundation.
Defense practitioners needs to be in a position to construct budget friendly safety courses whereas additionally complying with executive laws. info safeguard Governance Simplified: From the Boardroom to the Keyboard lays out those laws merely and explains tips on how to use keep watch over frameworks to construct an air-tight details defense (IS) software and governance constitution.
ONE-VOLUME creation TO machine safety in actual fact explains center thoughts, terminology, demanding situations, applied sciences, and abilities Covers today’s newest assaults and countermeasures the best beginner’s advisor for an individual drawn to a working laptop or computer protection occupation Chuck Easttom brings jointly entire assurance of all easy thoughts, terminology, and matters, in addition to the entire abilities you want to start.
- Critical Information Infrastructures: Resilience and Protection
- Data Communications and Networking, Third Edition
- Model-Driven Risk Analysis: The CORAS Approach
- Security 2020: Reduce Security Risks This Decade
Additional info for LTE Security
As will be explained shortly, GSM subscriber authentication is done by a cryptographic challenge–response protocol based on the permanent key. There is also a key generation mechanism integrated with the authentication protocol. Both of these cryptography-based mechanisms are implemented inside the SIM on a smart card. In the original GSM specifications and until Release 4 of 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP) specifications, the physical smart card itself was also called SIM, so the specifications use the term SIM card.
Background 11 • Application security. Banking over the Internet, for example, typically uses security mechanisms that are tailored to meet application-speciﬁc requirements. • Protocol security. Communicating parties are, for example, able to achieve security goals by executing well-deﬁned communication steps in a certain well-deﬁned order. • Platform security. The network elements and mobile terminals depend on the correct functionality of the operating system that controls them. Physical security, too, has an important role in platform security.
In the case of a SIM, this property makes it possible for the GSM subscriber to move a SIM from one terminal device to another, either temporarily or permanently. It also makes it possible to do so-called plastic roaming – to travel to another country with only a SIM card in the wallet, and rent or borrow a mobile phone from the target country. The popularity of this option has nowadays decreased because terminal devices are so small themselves and they often support many frequency bands. Another portability use case related to this travel scenario is that subscribers replace their normal SIM with a local prepaid SIM in order to reduce roaming costs.