By Lingyu Wang
This Springer short examines the instruments in response to assault graphs that support demonstrate community hardening threats. present instruments element all attainable assault paths resulting in serious community assets. although no present instrument presents an instantaneous strategy to get rid of the threats, they're a extra effective technique of community protection than depending completely at the adventure and abilities of a human analyst. Key historical past details on assault graphs and community hardening is helping readers comprehend the complexities of those instruments and methods. community Hardening: an automatic method of enhancing community protection is a important source for researchers and execs operating in community protection. it's also a great tool for advanced-level scholars excited about safety in laptop technological know-how and electric engineering.
Read Online or Download Network Hardening: An Automated Approach to Improving Network Security PDF
Best network security books
* Explains precisely what steganography is-hiding a message inside of an risk free photo or tune file-and the way it has develop into a favored instrument for secretly sending and receiving messages for either the nice men and the undesirable men * First booklet to explain foreign terrorists' cybersecurity device of selection in an available language * writer is a best safeguard advisor for the CIA and offers gripping tales that convey how steganography works * Appendix offers instruments to aid humans discover and counteract stenanography
The final word resource for chance administration informationBefore getting into any funding, the danger of that enterprise has to be pointed out and quantified. The guide of threat presents in-depth insurance of possibility from each attainable perspective and illuminates the topic by way of masking the quantitative and and behavioral concerns confronted via funding execs on a daily foundation.
Safeguard practitioners needs to be capable of construct most economical safeguard courses whereas additionally complying with executive rules. details safety Governance Simplified: From the Boardroom to the Keyboard lays out those rules merely and explains the best way to use keep watch over frameworks to construct an air-tight details safety (IS) application and governance constitution.
ONE-VOLUME creation TO computing device safeguard basically explains middle ideas, terminology, demanding situations, applied sciences, and talents Covers today’s most up-to-date assaults and countermeasures the best beginner’s consultant for somebody attracted to a working laptop or computer protection occupation Chuck Easttom brings jointly whole assurance of all uncomplicated suggestions, terminology, and matters, besides all of the talents you must start.
- A Machine-Learning Approach to Phishing Detection and Defense
- Fundamentals of network security
- UTM Security with Fortinet. Mastering FortiOS
- Topics in Cryptology –- CT-RSA 2015: The Cryptographer's Track at the RSA Conference 2015, San Francisco, CA, USA, April 20-24, 2015. Proceedings
- Practical Intrusion Analysis: Prevention and Detection for the Twenty-First Century: Prevention and Detection for the Twenty-First Century
- Security-Aware Design for Cyber-Physical Systems A Platform-Based Approach
Extra info for Network Hardening: An Automated Approach to Improving Network Security
Now, let us consider a different example showing how the value of k may have an impact on the optimality of the solution. Intuitively, the higher the value of k, the closer the computed solution is to the optimal one. 2. Consider the attack graph of Fig. fA3 g/ D 10.
Kaushik. Scalable, graph-based network vulnerability analysis. In Proceedings of ACM CCS’02, 2002. 2. Christian Blum and Andrea Roli. Metaheuristics in combinatorial optimization: Overview and conceptual comparison. ACM Comput. , 35(3):268–308, 2003. 3. R. Deraison. Nessus scanner, 1999. org. 4. Manfred GILLI and Peter WINKER. A review of heuristic optimization methods in econometrics. Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 08–12, Swiss Finance Institute, 2008. 5. G. H. Osman. Metaheuristics: A bibliography.
Jha, R. M. Wing. Automated generation and analysis of attack graphs. In Proceedings of the IEEE S&P’02, 2002. Chapter 5 Linear-Time Network Hardening Abstract Attack graph analysis has been established as a powerful tool for analyzing network vulnerability. However, previous approaches to network hardening look for exact solutions and thus do not scale. Further, hardening elements have been treated independently, which is inappropriate for real environments. For example, the cost for patching many systems may be nearly the same as for patching a single one.